Yes, I ran my ars off this morning.
The workout was 4 mile Cutdown with 2 miles warm up and cool down on each end: 4 miles cutdown (8:20, 8:10, 8:00, 7:50 – No rest).
And my goal was as before to run each of the four miles faster than the preceding one. I was paying particular attention to how I felt in term of my paces, Consciously pushing myself to go faster but in a controlled manner.
My times were: 9:49, 9:08, (8:23, 7:54, 7:30, 7:39), 9:40, 10:08.
A couple of observations:
- I ran faster than the scheduled pace but with a fairly consistent cutdown (except the last mile)
- The last mile was tough.; I was going for a 7:29 mile (just slightly faster than the preceding mile) but ended up 10 seconds slower; legs got tired
- The two mile cool down afterwards was a struggle, ran out of steam
- The workout was meant to improve my running and to push through the threshold; and yup it did both
- I would rate the workout a “4” on a difficulty scale of 1-5
Have you tried the cutdown runs? what is your opinion?