Typically around this time of the year, lots of self grandiose articles espousing about the future appear. They serve as interesting or entertaining reads to me. I have given up my crystal ball long ago.
But in the spirit of “how wrong can predictions be” (aka. the 2016 U.S. Election), I will join the fray and throw in my “Top 5” for the new year:
- Trump will surprise us – he got elected unprecedentedly, so will his performance in the White House. Not a value judgement, just a prediction
- Millennial will revolt – looking for their seats at the table, this next wave will leverage technology to challenge and elbow the boomers aside for control and decision making
- Economy will sputter – not to be pessimistic but the uncertainties, mentioned above, may create opportunities, but only for the few like the 1%. The rest of us will not be as fortunate
- Expectations will falter – Just because we can does not mean we will. Expect to swim alone and get less cooperation from others. For example, civility. Just saying
- We will survive – this I am sure
Have a prediction for next year? Feel free to jump in.