Ever wonder if you are making a difference?
Perhaps the thought crossed you mind once or twice?
No one wants to be wasting time nor energy,
but how could you tell otherwise?
Allow me to suggest one approach –
Since “difference” matters only in the eyes of the stakeholders, start with your key relationships (including yourself) by examining the following measures:
- What are my ends in mind?
- How do I know if I am getting there? Or am I just getting by?
- Are my time spent worthwhile? Other options?
- Are my family needs being served? fulfilled?
- Are my health indicators (weight, blood pressures, etc.) on target?
These questions may be further quantified if needed, but they are intended as preparations for your dialogue with the stakeholders.
How do you know if you have made a difference?