6 mile recovery pace, cool & 72 degree.
If you haven’t heard Coach Greg McMillan’s Great 8 factors on a successful marathon, I highly recommend it. In fact, I follow many of the tips he talked about in my training plan as well as using the famous McMillan Calculator.
In a nutshell his 8 factors are:
- consistent & smart mileage
- response/ recovery from long runs
- physical & mental ability in fast finish long runs
- fast runs
- tune up races
- emotional control, mental toughness, level of determination
- pace practice
- successful & well practiced fueling plan
Check it out and let me know which factor(s) do you agree.