- Over 75% of the world’s people live in Asia (blue – 60% ) and Africa (orange – 16%) combined,
- 10% in Europe (green), and
- 14% in Americas and others
GDP (Gross Domestic Product):
- 30% by China (18.2%), India (7.4%), and Japan (4.3%) combined
- 16.5% by European Union, and
- 15.3% by US
- 10% by Middle East and Africa combined
All data are as of 2017. China is the most populous (1.4 billions) followed by India (1.3 b). However, India is projected to surpass China in population and reverse the rankings by 2022.
What are your take-away?