Below is my summary of the 5 ways to boost one’s immune system, an article from the AARP. These tips may seem commonsensical. But given the examples of people are ignoring the social distancing, may be common sense is just what we need.
Along with hand washing and other tips, here are tips to help keep your immune system strong.
- stay active – workout or exercise increases antibodies and white blood cells circulation
- watch your diet – nutrients to fight off infection and reduce inflammation (limit meat)
- stay on top of stress – stress reduces immune capabilities
- get enough sleep – at least 7 hours of sleep to reboot immune system
- be strategic about supplement- vitamin D and cooking with herbs (food therapy)
Source: Ways to Boost Your Immune System (AARP)